Working with our IT Services Company in Edinburgh
WE ARE NOT CURRENTLY RECRUITING…BUT WE ARE ALWAYS HAPPY TO HEAR FROM TALENTED IT SUPPORT TECHNICIANS!
DO YOU FIT THE DESCRIPTION BELOW?
The fabulous people who make Grant McGregor such a great company to work for, and to work with, are:
• Professional, Reliable and Dedicated
• Personable, Friendly and Trustworthy
• Resourceful and Tenacious
• Committed and Loyal
Best of all, they are dedicated to supporting the people, not just the technology at our client sites. The technical expertise and experience is a given; it is the people-skills, the genuine desire to help people and the well-organised systems to follow tasks through that sets us apart from other players in our field.
Join us – if you believe we’re a good match!
Be Part of a Great Team
Grant McGregor Ltd is considered by its varied clients to be a professional, effective and trusted partner. Our technicians who currently deliver this quality of service are experienced and adept. There is a friendly, professional and relaxed working environment with plenty of variety on offer. The company has strong, ethical values and standards and a healthy team working ethos where the views and input of all employees is valued. We work with leading IT vendors which also means there is much scope to develop new skills and experiences through hands-on training and deployment of these solutions.
• Responsible for the resolution of 1st and 2nd line customer support by resolution of incidents and routine change requests to agreed standards and Service Levels by means of our service desk application
• Organisation & implementation of customer of desktop, server and network systems
• Maximising IT systems availability / uptime for clients in line with agreed SLAs.
• Troubleshooting & reacting appropriately to client requests & systems alerts.
• Maintaining customer relationships and delivering excellent customer service to users.
• Completing assigned tasks on time and managing own workload.
• Communicating progress and issues both internally and to customer contacts.
• Administration including maintenance of client, incident and own records such as expenses.
• Analysing, advising and consulting with clients to explore and define IT requirements.
We will only consider applicants with the minimum qualification of MCSA Windows Server 2003, 2008 or 2012 or equivalent.
Other vendor qualifications would be a bonus.
Skills and Experiences required:
• Administering and basic experience of Windows Server 2008 or (Server 2012 an advantage)
• Administering and basic experience Exchange 2007 or 2010 and or 2013
• XP & 7 OS installation, configuration & troubleshooting (Windows 8 an advantage)
• Approximately 2+ years of Technical Support Experience / Knowledge of Windows client & server environments, Networking, systems troubleshooting and resolution (gained either as a Helpdesk Analyst or Systems Administrator within an organisation of 40+ users or direct experience within an IT Support company).
• Experience of delivering support to end-users by ‘phone and remote access methods.
• Strong systems fault-finding and problem solving ability.
• Some experience of virtual server technologies and WANs an advantage.
• The ideal person is a good communicator – face-to-face, telephone, written, email. They are able to converse with non-technical people on IT issues without jargon and are able to build and maintain good relationships with clients, colleagues and suppliers.
• Our ideal candidate will also be capable of managing and prioritising their own workload and will possess strong personal organisational skills.
Personal Qualities desired:
• You have a reliable, responsible and trustworthy character with a polite, tolerant but professional manner and you enjoy dealing with people – not just technology.
• Focused, Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver – though you do know when to escalate.
• You possess a strong customer service ethos, a healthy desire to learn and improve and you’re hungry for a new opportunity to build and develop your experience.
Working with Grant McGregor
Grant McGregor Ltd was formed in late 2000 to offer corporate-quality IT support and expertise to the small to medium enterprise (SME) market.
We now work with a range of organisations: public bodies, housing associations, schools and businesses with staff numbers ranging from 1 to 1,000s.
Our staff is first class.
It’s not just the aptitude to do the job we seek but the attitude to want to do the job well!
Our staff seeks to understand how clients and users need to use the technology and how our end-users tick. Then with genuine empathy and care, they resolve problems, help users through niggles and develop solutions and systems to make the lives of our clients easier.
Our comprehensive IT services include:
• Computer Network Support
• Outsourced Managed IT Support
• IT System Maintenance
• IT Consultancy and System Design
• Network Audits and Reports
• IT Network Upgrades and Development
• Server Monitoring and Response
• Computer System Troubleshooting
• IT Maintenance
• Network Security
• Network Installation
• Objective Hardware and software procurement assistance
• End-User Support, Troubleshooting and hand-holding
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please note that we do not accept calls or CVs from Recruitment companies, agencies or staff.