At Grant McGregor our Passion is to make our customers, employees and partners happy!
Our core values are as follows and guide us every day.
Accountability – We say what we are going to do and do what we say. We deliver our promises.
Commitment – We have an unrivalled customer service ethos to do the best job we possibly can.
Education – We pursue technical growth and learning, and reward performance.
Understanding – We listen first to truly understand our customers’ needs. Before recommending solutions.
Be Part of a Great Team
This position is a key one in the Finance & Admin Department and represents
This is an important role as Bookkeeper / Finance Assistant for Grant McGregor Ltd (GM), a leading provider of IT services based in Edinburgh city centre. Working alongside the Directors & our outsourced Accountants, you will be responsible for administering and processing day to day financial transactions for a small but busy IT services company.
Essentials Duties & Responsibilities:
– General Ledger bookkeeping and financial record-keeping
– Processing of all day-to-day Financial Transactions into our Accounts Application
– Customer Ledger, Invoicing, Statements and Credit Control
– Purchase Ledger, Order / Bills Processing, (light) Stock Management
– Banking, Payments & Reconciliation
– Processing employee expenses & Credit Card transactions
– Preparation of PAYE & Pension Information for Bureau
– Management of Financial Client & Supplier information to on-board and maintain accuracy
– Assist Operations to develop Financial Policies, Procedures, Processes & Checklists
– Maintaining accurate, high quality financial records and files
In addition to the above you will also be required support the directors and team with the following:
– Additional duties when required to support the Directors & Management Team
– Additional administrative support to the broader GM team
– Efficiently manage calls and e-mails when Office Administrator is unavailable
Essentials Skills, Qualities and Experience:
– Strong organisational and time management skills
– Ability to work to deadlines with minimal supervision
– Solid experience of standard accounting practices and processes
– Solid understanding of General, Sales & Purchase Ledger Accounts
– Strong integrity and discretion in handling and processing sensitive and/or personal data
– Strong attention to detail and an innate ability to finish tasks completely
– Good Microsoft Office experience especially with Excel, Outlook and Word
– Previous experience with an SME / Service Company would be an advantage.
Discretion and Non-Disclosure of Company Information:
As this position requires open access to sensitive employee and financial information, it is vital that such information is NOT disclosed by you to any other employees or third parties without the strict knowledge and permission of the Directors.
If you are interested in this role?
Please complete the application form and email back to email@example.com
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice on how we collect and process personal data.