Be Part of a Great Team
Visit our “Team Site” to find out more about us
Grant McGregor Ltd is considered by its varied clients to be a professional, effective and trusted partner. Our technicians who currently deliver this quality of service are experienced and adept. There is a friendly, professional and relaxed working environment with plenty of variety on offer. The company has strong, ethical values and standards and a healthy team working ethos where the views and input of all employees is valued. We work with leading IT vendors which also means there is much scope to develop new skills and experiences through hands-on training and deployment of these solutions.
We are looking for Field Engineers who are continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships. Identifying areas for improvement and making constructive suggestions for change. You will be responsible for onsite service and support needs for our customers. This relates to all technology, including: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software
Personal Qualities desired:
• Possesses strong verbal communication skills and has a track record of supporting SME technologies.
• You have a reliable, responsible and trustworthy character with a polite, tolerant but professional manner and you enjoy dealing with people – not just technology.
• Focused, Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver – though you do know when to escalate.
• You possess a strong customer service ethos, a healthy desire to learn and improve and you’re hungry for a new opportunity to build and develop your experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Acting as a first point of contact for customer requests, either by inbound calls (phone) or from the ticketing system for our customers.
• Contacting our customers and 3rd party partners for follow up and to maintain momentum of the service tickets and to develop excellent customer relationships.
• Taking ownership of Service desk tickets assigned to you. As well as being proactive for assigning own tickets when capacity allows. All the time communicating with our customers the progress of the ticket.
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
• IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, as well as virtual environments.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
• Professional IT Certifications, such as CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Server+, CompTIA Project+, Microsoft Exam 70-740 to 742 Windows 2016, WatchGuard Network Security Essentials.
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly; Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organisation’s key IT services for which support is being provided
Benefits: Aviva Private Medical Insurance, Employee assistance programme, Training to attain certification, Access to online learning, Pension, Incremental Leave Allowance, Annual Pay Progression, Celebrate Your birthday day off, Corporate social responsibility day off, Healthier workplace and Perks@work voucher scheme.
If you are interested in this role?
Please complete the application form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice on how we collect and process personal data.