At Grant McGregor our Passion is to make our customers, employees and partners happy!
Our core values are as follows and guide us every day.
Accountability – We say what we are going to do and do what we say. We deliver our promises.
Commitment – We have an unrivalled customer service ethos to do the best job we possibly can.
Education – We pursue technical growth and learning, and reward performance.
Understanding – We listen first to truly understand our customers’ needs. Before recommending solutions.
We are looking for an Information Security Assessor who is responsible for conducting security control assessments, measuring organisations against the Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus and IASME* governance standards. The Assessor will decide if proper security controls are in place and, if they are not, determine what risk this presents, and offer solutions to the customer.
*Cyber Essentials, Cyber Essentials Plus and IASME training and certification will be provided
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for conducting information security assurance, and security compliance initiatives for customers
• Create and deliver security assessment reports confirming readiness of services or infrastructures for audit and/or certification
• Identify and provide guidance on improved IT security systems and controls, working with agreed vendors and key partners to deliver improvements
• Convert knowledge gained into technical materials such as illustrations, diagrams, manuals, flowcharts, system documentation, policy documents, guidance and other graphical representations
• Act as a liaison for the sales team within the company to offer guidance, expertise and to further business opportunities
• Establish credibility and maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders involved in information security assurance and security compliance matters
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
• Demonstrate 2 years’ cyber security relevant experience and hold one of the following qualifications
o ISC2 Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
o ISACA Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
o ISO27001 Lead Auditor
o Certified Professional (CCP) scheme – either SIRA, IA Auditor or IA Architect roles at any level
o Full member of Institute of Information Security Professionals (IISP)
• Ability to demonstrate understanding of Information Technology concepts (such as networking, access control, server functions), as well as cloud concepts
• Proven ability to work with limited brief and guidance
• Effective data analysis and interpretation skills; able to draw and present measurable conclusions
If you are interested in this role?
Please complete the application form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice on how we collect and process personal data.