Be Part of a Great Team
Visit our “Team Site” to find out more about us
Grant McGregor Ltd is considered by its varied clients to be a professional, effective and trusted partner. Our technicians who currently deliver this quality of service are experienced and adept. There is a friendly, professional and relaxed working environment with plenty of variety on offer. The company has strong, ethical values and standards and a healthy team working ethos where the views and input of all employees is valued. We work with leading IT vendors which also means there is much scope to develop new skills and experiences through hands-on training and deployment of these solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Analyst to join the Service Delivery team.
To provide a single point of contact for all stakeholders in relation to IT issues and incidents. To provide exceptional standards of support to all customers and support a variety of products, services, and platforms. This will be achieved by acting in both a proactive and reactive manner and ensuring that all performance targets are adhered to. Resolutions should be provided in an effective and timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide an exceptional customer experience
• Fix 70% of incidents at first contact (when possible)
• Achieve overall customer satisfaction of 95%
• Achieve overall customer service level (SLA) of 98%
• Ensure adherence to performance targets
• Ensure that incidents are dealt with according to customer and priority needs
• Ensure all incidents are accurately logged
• Take ownership of logged incidents, tracking the progress of all calls and follow-up with the customer to ensure that they are satisfied with the resolution
• Follow processes to ensure that a high quality of service is provided to internal and external customers
• Desire to build relationships within the service desk team and the wider organisation
• To understand the business Objectives, Vision, Mission and Values (VMM)
• Work in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
• Any other duties as required by the line manager or other Director(s) commensurate with the post.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Log all incoming calls to the service desk
• Ensure that information is accurately recorded in the service management tool (ConnectWise)
• Ensure that incidents are assigned correctly
• Co-ordinate with the customer to ensure that service outages are correctly communicated to the business or affected users
• Contribute to the knowledge base
• Maintain the customers Asset Register within ConnectWise
• When required represent the service desk at team and department meetings
• Plan and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
• Develop and maintain knowledge and skills and keep up to date with new processes, procedures and developments
• Improve potential areas for improvement i.e. customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
- Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Experience with Server hardware raid rebuilds and Restores.
- Understanding of WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDP, and Remote Desktop Control.
- ConnectWise Automate RMM Fundamentals or other
- Soft Skills, Customer Service (Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active
- Listening and customer-care)
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly; Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Team player, you will thrive in a collaborative environment and will contribute fully to the success of your team
- A Full Driving licenses.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals (Introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills)
- CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Essentials gives business professionals and non-IT staff the understanding of cloud computing principles based on real-world issues and practical solutions)
- CompTIA A+ (industry standard for establishing a career in IT)
- Microsoft Modern Desktop certification Windows 10 MD100 and 101
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Exam MS-900
- CompTIA Network+ (infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks)
- CompTIA Security+ (validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career)
- Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements Exam MS-100
- MTA Windows Server 2012/16/19 (Basic Windows Server Administration)
- WatchGuard Network Security Essentials
Benefits: Aviva Private Medical Insurance, Employee assistance programme, Training to attain certification, Access to online learning, Pension, Incremental Leave Allowance, Annual Pay Progression, Celebrate Your birthday day off, Corporate social responsibility day off, Healthier workplace and Perks@work voucher scheme.
If you are interested in this role?
Please review the job description: Service Desk Analyst.pdf
Please complete the application form and email back to email@example.com
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice on how we collect and process personal data.