Be Part of a Great Team
Visit our “Team Site” to find out more about us
Grant McGregor Ltd is considered by its varied clients to be a professional, effective and trusted partner. Our technicians who currently deliver this quality of service are experienced and adept. There is a friendly, professional and relaxed working environment with plenty of variety on offer. The company has strong, ethical values and standards and a healthy team working ethos where the views and input of all employees is valued. We work with leading IT vendors which also means there is much scope to develop new skills and experiences through hands-on training and deployment of these solutions.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Desk Team Leader to join the Service Delivery team.
Lead and develop the service desk team to enable them to fulfil their objective of delivering exceptional customer service and timely resolution to customers’ incidents. The Team Leader should maintain a stimulating working environment with a strong focus on learning and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Lead by example by providing exceptional customer service
• Develop the service desk team to become the very best that they can be
• Manage the day-to-day activities and performance of the team
• Ensure that targets are met, and performance targets adhered to
• Ensure that all service desk staff have the right level and standard of training in order to perform their role effectively
• Work to improve the overall level of customer service and customer experience
• Provide an exceptional customer experience
• Achieve overall customer satisfaction (CSAT) of 95%
• Achieve overall customer service level (SLA) of 98%
• Ensure that incidents are dealt with according to customer and priority needs
• Desire to build relationships within the service desk team and the wider organisation
• To understand the business Objectives, Vision, Mission and Values (VMM)
• Work in accordance with company policies, procedures and processes.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist Analysts & the first line team (escalation point) when call volumes peak or when additional expertise is required
• Ensure that staffing levels are maintained throughout operational hours by adjusting shift patterns, holidays, long term sickness etc
• Ensure that the service desk is adequately resourced to reflect peaks and troughs in the workload
• Plan, control and monitor the activities of the team to ensure that their performance is optimised, and targets and standards are adhered to
• Monitor performance targets to ensure adherence and review and measure targets
• Take responsibility for staff training and business awareness
• Play an active role in the change management process
• Monitor staffing levels and play a proactive role in building business cases if additional resource is required
• Monitor, moderate, and create process documents and regularly check for adherence to these processes and procedures through call and ticket monitoring
• Play a proactive role in defining targets and service levels to ensure that they meet the needs of the customer and the business
• Improve potential areas for improvement i.e. customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• When required represent the service desk at team meetings
• Plan and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met
• Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships
• Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as it occurs
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
• Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
• Experience with Server hardware raid rebuilds and Restores.
• Understanding of WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
• Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDP, and Remote Desktop Control.
• ConnectWise Automate RMM Fundamentals or other
• Soft Skills, Customer Service (Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active
• Listening and customer-care)
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly; Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver.
• Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
• Team player, you will thrive in a collaborative environment and will contribute fully to the success of your team
• A Full Driving licenses.
• Professional IT Certifications, such as: –
– CompTIA IT Fundamentals (Introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills)
– CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Essentials gives business professionals and non-IT staff the understanding of cloud computing principles based on real-world issues and practical solutions)
– CompTIA A+ (industry standard for establishing a career in IT)
– Microsoft Modern Desktop certification Windows 10 MD100 and 101
– Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Exam MS-900
– CompTIA Network+ (infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks)
– CompTIA Security+ (validates the baseline skills you need to perform core security functions and pursue an IT security career)
– Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements Exam MS-100
– MTA Windows Server 2012/16/19 (Basic Windows Server Administration)
– WatchGuard Network Security Essentials
Benefits: Aviva Private Medical Insurance, Employee assistance programme, Training to attain certification, Access to online learning, Pension, Incremental Leave Allowance, Annual Pay Progression, Celebrate Your birthday day off, Corporate social responsibility day off, Healthier workplace and Perks@work voucher scheme.
If you are interested in this role?
Please review the job description: Service Desk Team Leader.pdf
Please complete the application form and email back to firstname.lastname@example.org
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice on how we collect and process personal data.