Be Part of a Great Team
Grant McGregor Ltd is considered by its varied clients to be a professional, effective and trusted partner. Our technicians who currently deliver this quality of service are experienced and adept. There is a friendly, professional and relaxed working environment with plenty of variety on offer. The company has strong, ethical values and standards and a healthy team working ethos where the views and input of all employees is valued. We work with leading IT vendors which also means there is much scope to develop new skills and experiences through hands-on training and deployment of these solutions.
We are looking for ServiceDesk Support Analysts who are continually seeking opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships. Identifying areas for improvement and making constructive suggestions for change. You will be responsible for handling first and second line support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Personal Qualities desired:
• Possesses strong verbal communication skills and has a track record of supporting SME technologies.
• You have a reliable, responsible and trustworthy character with a polite, tolerant but professional manner and you enjoy dealing with people – not just technology.
• Focused, Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver – though you do know when to escalate.
• You possess a strong customer service ethos, a healthy desire to learn and improve and you’re hungry for a new opportunity to build and develop your experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Acting as a first point of contact for customer requests, either by inbound calls (phone) or from the ticketing system for our customers.
• Contacting our customers and 3rd party partners for follow up and to maintain momentum of the support tickets and to develop excellent customer relationships.
• Taking ownership of Service desk tickets assigned to you. As well as being proactive for assigning own tickets when capacity allows. All the time communicating with our customers the progress of the ticket.
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
• Listening to the customer and escalating to the appropriate point of contact, in the Technical Team.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required
• Professional IT Certifications, such as CompTIA A+ (Basic PC Hardware Knowledge),CompTIA Network+ (Basic Network Infrastructure Knowledge), MTA Windows Server 2012/16 (Basic Windows Server Administration).
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to adapt to changes quickly; Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver.
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organisation’s key IT services for which support is being provided
If you are interested in this role?
Please complete the application form and email back to email@example.com
A covering letter always helps to describe why you’re specifically interested in a role – it’s personal – just like us.
Please read our Applicant Privacy Notice on how we collect and process personal data.