Control of USB Stick drives, iPods and Other Endpoint Devices
- Prevents data leaks and theft by controlling access
- Prevents introduction of unauthorised software
- Gives administrators greater control of USBs / ports
- Allows administrators to grant temporary access
- Centrally monitors network-connected devices
- Enforce encryption on removable USB storage devices
Features of Product
- GFI Endpoint Security helps stop the introduction of viruses, malware and other unsanctioned software to your network by blocking admission to a wide variety of devices such as IPods, USB Sticks and smartphones.
- Stop data leaks by expansively controlling access to transferable storage devices with minimal administrative effort. Provisional access can be granted to users for a device (or group of devices) on a specific computer for a specific timeframe.
- GFI EndPoint Security can be set up to apply encryption on removable USB storage devices.
- GFI EndPointSecurity can prevent data theft as employees normally attempt to steal data by transferring onto removable devices. By controlling access this can help you prevent this.
- You can block devices by class, file extensions, physical port or device ID from a single location, while granting temporary device or port access for a stipulated timeframe.
The production of consumer devices such as iPods, Smartphones and USB Devices has intensely increased the risk of deliberate and accidental data leaks and other malicious activity: It is very simple for an employee to copy great amounts of sensitive data onto an iPod or USB stick, or to introduce malicious and illegal software onto your network through these devices. GFI EndPointSecurity™ quickly and easily helps you combat these dangerous threats without needing to lock down all ports.
Many businesses are unaware of, or choose to ignore, the threat presented by portable devices in their network environment until some event, ranging from unfortunate to catastrophic, happens. In hard economic times, cybercrime and data leakage increase, finding an easy target in endpoints.
The key to managing portable devices in your business environment is to give your administrators direct control over what devices are in use on your network. With GFI EndPointSecurity™ you not only gain control over what is in use but you also know what has been used and by who, and most importantly you gain in-depth knowledge of what data has been copied.
Key Benefits of GFI EndPoint Security
- Prevents data leaks and theft by comprehensively controlling access to portable storage devices with minimal administrative effort
- Prevents introduction of malicious and other unauthorized software to the network
- Gives administrators greater control – you can block devices by class, file extensions, physical port or device ID from a single location
- Allows administrators to grant temporary device or port access for a stipulated timeframe