IT Installation Technician
Job Type: Permanent Full-Time
Location: Edinburgh City Centre (EH2)
Salary: Competitive basic salary (depending on experience)
Hours of work: The hours of work are 37.5 per week 8:30 – 17:00
Grant McGregor is an awarding-winning, leading Managed Service Provider of IT services. Established in 2000, Grant McGregor Ltd has grown from strength-to-strength. We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced IT Installation Technician to join the Service Delivery team.
The experienced IT Installation Technician is responsible for onsite service and support needs for our customers. Developing and managing technology projects for customers by managing the cost, time, and scope constraints, working side by side with our senior engineers for guidance and support. This relates to all technology, including end user devices, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieve overall customer satisfaction (CSAT) of 95%
- Organise and manage first line projects (e.g. PC builds) to ensure on-time completion with budgetary requirements.
- Monitor Change board for new tickets. Dispatch and action following agreed SLAs.
- Ensuring first line projects are quoted and delivered successfully through to production.
- Allocate time to ensure growth and development through training and experience to take on larger projects.
- Perform customer follow-up to verify final resolution and determine satisfaction level.
- IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, as well as virtual environments.
- Support services for Microsoft related technologies: Windows Server, Microsoft 365 (Exchange and SharePoint Online), Intune, Basic Admin SQL, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Implement and Support of disaster recovery solutions.
- Tracking deliveries and updating projects to support the Professional Services team.
- Technical services and support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, switches, VLANs, firewalls.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Identify areas for improvement and make constructive suggestions for change.
- Continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen customer relationships.
- Escalate service requests that require technical service level support.
- Communicate to customers: informed of progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages, etc.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the service catalogue and how it relates to customer’s needs.
- Document internal processes and procedures related to duties and responsibilities.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise (management system) as it occurs.
- Plan and prioritise work to ensure that deadlines and targets are met.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities Required:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems, Windows Server, Active Directory
- Understanding of WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, switches, VLANs, firewalls, and security
- End user hardware knowledge, laptop/desktop/mobile setup and configuration
- Ability to work on multiple first line projects at once to ensure customer time constraints are met
- Remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, RDP, and Remote Desktop Control.
- ConnectWise Automate RMM Fundamentals or other
- Soft Skills, Customer Service (Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care)
- Ability to adapt to changes quickly; Self-motivated and self-disciplined, you remain calm under pressure and you are a capable and tenacious problem-solver.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details
- Team player, you will thrive in a collaborative environment and will contribute fully to the success of your team
- A full driving license.
- Professional IT Certifications, such as:
– CompTIA IT Fundamentals (Introduction to basic IT knowledge and skills)
– CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Essentials gives business professionals and non-IT staff the understanding of cloud computing principles based on real-world issues and practical solutions)
– CompTIA A+ (industry standard for establishing a career in IT)
– CompTIA Project+ (gives business professionals – inside and outside of IT – the basic concepts to successfully manage small- to medium-sized projects)
– CompTIA Network+ (infrastructure covering troubleshooting, configuring, and managing networks)
– Microsoft Modern Desktop certification Windows 10 MD100 and 101
– Microsoft 365 Fundamentals Exam MS-900
– Microsoft Azure Fundamentals Exam AZ-900
– Managing Office 365 Identities and Requirements Exam MS-100
– MTA Windows Server 2012/16/19 (Basic Windows Server Administration)
For more information visit: https://team.grantmcgregor.co.uk/
Interested in this role? Apply here.